Hit Radio Expands Internationally With WinMedia Radio
Launched in 2006, Hit Radio is the number one music radio in Morocco. For almost 10 years, Hit Radio has been committed to promoting hits, stars and young talents. Hit Radio has been involved in the discovery of hundreds of new talents and actively participate in the promotion of the new music scene with over 40% of its programming dedicated to Moroccan artists.
Since 2012, Hit Radio is also successfully expanding at international level and broadcasts in several African and European countries, including Portugal, Senegal and Togo.
Thanks to unifying programmes, which brings all generations together, Hit Radio has a weekly audience of more than 1,8 million listeners and more than 2 millions Facebook fans.
For the launch of the radio station in 2006, Hit Radio has to rely on a company able to provide sound guidance and counseling as well as powerful solutions in keeping with its ambitions. All present and future needs have to be evaluated to design a complete solution able to encompass all production and broadcast needs, while offering smooth upgrade paths to future applications, including the possibility to easily operate web radios or to deliver content on any possible device.
In 2014, Hit Radio is looking to capitalize on its tremendous success to launch a new radio station and calls upon WinMedia’s expertise to implement the same streamlined and efficient workflow in their new premises in Portugal.
The WinMedia Radio installation for Hit Radio in Morocco includes:
- 2 production workstations including acquisition, recording, multi-track editing, voice-tracking and mixing features
- 1 planning workstation including music scheduling and advertising management
- 1 planning workstation to manage the numerous web radios launched in 2010
- 2 On-Air studios including A/B playlists and cartstacks
- 1 backup On-Air workstation
- 3 On-Air workstations to broadcast web radios. Each workstation can broadcast up to 4 web radios
- 1 logging workstation for 24/7 recording and automatic podcasts publishing
WinMedia Radio maintains a centralized MAM content catalogue that seamlessly manages all programs and associated data while modular task-specific tools streamline production and distribution. Thanks to particularly intuitive tools and a few days of training, Hit Radio was able to quickly take full benefit of its WinMedia Radio platform.
WinMedia traffic module optimizes Hit Radio’s advertising operations. Thanks to automatic insertion and advanced reconciliation capabilities, it increases productivity and facilitates ad workflow organization.
WinPublish streamlines content publishing on multiple platforms – through custom scenarios, automatic transcoding and delivery – while providing a complete suite for the creation and playout of high-quality graphics. Fully-integrated with WinMedia Radio, WinPublish allows Hit Radio to easily add graphics to its Internet content and thus project the style and individual look of different programs and web radios.
The solution deployed in Portugal relies on the same efficient tools and workflow implemented in Morocco but in a much lighter version:
- 1 production workstation including acquisition, recording, multi-track editing, voice-tracking, mixing, advertising management, music scheduling and planning features. This workstation also acts as On-Air backup.
- 1 On-Air workstation featuring A/B playlists
“WinMedia Radio is a fully-integrated solution, which allows us to manage all our operations, including ingest, editing, playlist and advertising management, playout and multi-device delivery – from a single and intuitive platform. After using it for almost 7 years, it was the obvious and best possible choice for our international expansion.»